Exhibitions and Projects
Born in Melbourne, I currently live and work in Sydney. I began my career, as a photographer's assistant after graduating from Photography Studies College in Melbourne with a Diploma of Photography. My practice is multi-disciplined which includes photography, motion, painting and more recently scoring music for motion based projects. I support my practice by taking on commissioned projects.
Over the past twenty years, works from my fine art practice have been exhibited in numerous solo and group exhibitions throughout Australia, Europe and the USA. My work is included in public collections including Art Gallery of New South Wales, Gold Coast Art Gallery, Queensland; Haggerty Museum of Art, USA, as well as private collections in Austria, Australia, The Netherlands, United Kingdom and the USA.
Career highlights include winning the "Aperture Foundation's Portfolio Prize and exhibition of that work,"Angry Black Snake", in their New York gallery, in 2010. Recently I won the PHOTOBOOK Melbourne Photo Award 2016. In 2014, work from my "Transient" series of abstract cityscapes were chosen for a special issue of TAR magazine that was curated by film director, David Lynch. My "RoadWorks" project was awarded "runner up" in Photo.Book.Now, New York, 2008. Various work's that I have produced have been selected as finalists in the National Photographic Portrait Prize; Bowness Photography Prize; Olive Cotton Portrait Prize; Josephine Ulrik & Win Schubert Photography Award and Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize.
Industry awards include multiple Gold, Silver and Bronze Lions, Cannes International Advertising Festival. Gold, Silver, Bronze Awards, AWARD. Silver Nomination, D&AD. My work has been showcased numerous times in Luerzer's ARCHIVE, TOP 200 photographer's worldwide.
- Australian and Contemporary Photography, Olsen Irwin Gallery, New South Wales.
- Photo London. United Kingdom.
- Frühlings Spring Salon. Galerie Pavlova. Berlin.
- Transcendental. New Australian Abstract Photography, Galerie Pavlova. Berlin.
- My Automotive, Caboolture Regional Art Gallery, Queensland.
- Frühlings Salon: Galerie Pavlova, Berlin, Germany.
- Tangent: Edmund Pearce, Melbourne, Australia
- Bowness Photography Prize 2013: MGA Foundation. Finalist.
- Olive Cotton Portrait Prize 2013: Tweed River Art Gallery, Murwillumbah, Australia. Finalist.
- Angry Black Snake: Edmund Pearce, Melbourne, Australia
- The Truth is Not in the Mirror. Photography and a Constructed Identity. Haggerty Museum of Art at Marquette University, Milwaukee. WI
- National Photographic Portrait Prize 2010, touring. Mosman Art Gallery.
- Angry Black Snake. Aperture Foundation Gallery. New York, New York
- National Photographic Portrait Prize 2010. National Portrait Gallery King Edward Terrace Parkes ACT 2600
- Hijacked 2. Photography - Australia/Germany. Edited by Mark McPherson, Ute Noll, Marcus Shaden.
- Aperture Foundation Portfolio Prize.
- Australian Centre for Photography, Angry Black Snake.
- Josephine Ulrick and Win Schubert Foundation acquistition, GCAC Queensland.
- Gippsland Art Gallery, Sale. Victoria.
- Ipswich Art Gallery, Ipswich. Queensland.
- Centre for Contemporary Photography, Melbourne. Victoria.
- New York Photo festival Awards, honorable mention, Fine Art series. New York.
- Olive Cotton Portrait Prize, finalist. Tweed River Art Gallery. Murwillumbah. NSW.
- The Ecologies Project, Monash Museum of Modern Art, Monash University. Victoria.
- Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize.
- PHOTO8 Summer Exhibition, Host Gallery. London.
2000 - 2005.
- Citigroup Private Bank Portrait Prize, Art Gallery of NSW. Sydney. Australia
- Closer Exhibition, Phototechnica Exhibition Space, Sydney. Australia.
- Wait Until Dark: Night Photography from the Collection of Jay Richard Di Biasio. Williams College Museum of Art, Williamstown, Massachusetts, USA.
- Nowhere & North: Phototechnica Exhibition Space, Sydney, Australia.
- Group Exhibition. Evasion Gallery, Singapore.
- Cuba Libre: Boccalero Gallery, Los Angeles, USA.
- 59: Lens Gallery, Sydney, Australia.
- GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE Lions, Cannes International Advertising Awards. SILVER Nomination PHOTOGRAPHY D&Ad. BRONZE, New York Clio Awards. Luerzers Archive TOP 200 Advertising Photographers. Communication Arts Photography Annuals, GRAPHIS PHOTO 2009. ONE SHOW Finalist.
- Animal Planet, ASPCA, J. Boags, BMW Mini, Changi Airport, Commonwealth Bank, Fairfax & Roberts, Guinness, Herringbone, Kit Kat, Lexus, Macquarie University, MTV, Nike, Nintendo, Nissan, Nokia, Pepsi, QANTAS, SBS Television, Showtime, Sony, Subaru, Target, Telstra, Toyota, UPS China, Vytorin.